Schmohz will be in Hudsonville for the fest will you? May 3rd 2014
Schmohz offers Kegs of Beer and Soda for retail purchase. Stop by the brewery and sample a few to decide what you would like to take to your next party. Never tapped a keg? Check out our Tapping Instructions Order a Root Beer Keg online How many Beers in a Keg? We rent 1/2 bbl …View full post
Join Schmohz Brewer on Memorial Day Weekend in a tradition at Crystal Mountain. Enjoy live entertainment while sampling Michigan’s finest microbrews and gourmet brats from northwest Michigan markets. Held outdoors, slope side. The 9th Annual Michigan Beer & Brat FestivalView full post
Chef Lance and Beer Engineer Chas, sat down to have some beers and came up with a few ideas for pairings. Luckily Jessica was paying attention and wrote down the brilliance that came from those many bottles. As a result we invite you to join us at Gippers on Wednesday the 5th of March at 6pm for a beer dinner.
Here check out the menu that they came up with:
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Bleu Cheese Aperitif – Amber Tease
- Braised Pork Osso Buco – India Pale Ale
- Mixed Green Baby Salad – Razzmanian Devil
- Cashew Encrusted Chicken Sauté – Zingiberene
- Grilled Flank Steak & Chimichurri – Treasure Chest
- Butter Scotch Float – Miracle Off 28th Street
Gabi get Tuesdays off. Quite often she spends some time in the kitchen. Today she brought in some beer bread. It was awesome. So I talked her into sharing the recipe.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle Schmohz Zingiberene
- 3 tablespoons butter, meltedPreheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 5″ x 9″ loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Add beer and mix until combined (Dough will be sticky). Place dough into loaf pan. Pour melted butter over top of loaf.
Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes, or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean from center.