Chef Lance and Beer Engineer Chas, sat down to have some beers and came up with a few ideas for pairings. Luckily Jessica was paying attention and wrote down the brilliance that came from those many bottles. As a result we invite you to join us at Gippers on Wednesday the 5th of March at 6pm for a beer dinner.
Here check out the menu that they came up with:
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Bleu Cheese Aperitif – Amber Tease
- Braised Pork Osso Buco – India Pale Ale
- Mixed Green Baby Salad – Razzmanian Devil
- Cashew Encrusted Chicken Sauté – Zingiberene
- Grilled Flank Steak & Chimichurri – Treasure Chest
- Butter Scotch Float – Miracle Off 28th Street
Gabi get Tuesdays off. Quite often she spends some time in the kitchen. Today she brought in some beer bread. It was awesome. So I talked her into sharing the recipe.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bottle Schmohz Zingiberene
- 3 tablespoons butter, meltedPreheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 5″ x 9″ loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Add beer and mix until combined (Dough will be sticky). Place dough into loaf pan. Pour melted butter over top of loaf.
Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes, or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean from center.
We at Schmohz would like to wish you a Happy New Year. We will have special Hours on NYE and closed on NYD. Come join us for a beer and celebrate the year in review from Noon to 6pm on New Years Eve. Chas will be bartending as the rest of the staff have already began to party.
January 25, 2014 7 PM
- Guided tasting of over 12+ different ales and lagers
- Brewery Tour
- hors d’oeuvres
Join us for an educational evening to expand your knowledge of beer. We will be examining the many grains and hops that go into beer. We will plan on touring the equipment and process of producing fine ales and lagers.
$15 participation fee
Signup at the brewery to reserve your spot.